Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Take Time

I love this time of year! My flowers are blooming and I just had my first rose open - love my roses!!! 
Our adorable friend "Watson" from High Hopes is reminding us to take time to stop and smell the flowers.....or in my case roses <smile> I'm not sure if I would do it with my butt up in the air but hey, we all have our own way of doing things right?



I started by stamping and colouring my images with alcohol markers and fussy cutting it - I have now officially broken a second pair of cuticle scissors - I think I do too much fussy cutting? lol. After cutting Watson out, I set him aside and pulled out some inks to make an ink blended background. I used a stitched square die to cut out my background piece and taped down my circle die to create my ink blended background. A black pen was run around the inside of the die to "contain" the blending.  The sentiment was stamped using my Misti - love my Misti! The Prima flowers were perfect for my layout and some Nuvo glitter drops were the perfect thing to add a bit of bling. The card is finished off using some sparkly gumdrops in the corners - I am just getting used to the Nuvo drops and didn't want to chance ruining my card...still practicing <wink>

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Watson - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Smell The Flowers - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Petal Lane Collection - Bo Bunny
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMisti, Tuxedo Black Memento marker, 3D Foam Pop Dots - Forever In Time, Holly Jolly sparkly gumdrops - YNS, White Gelly Roll pen, Inks - Stampin Up, Mini Ink Blending Tool and Foam - Ranger, classic circle die - Spellbinders, stitched square die - YNS, Prima flowers, White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops

Spectrum Noir: BG5 BG7 BG10 GB8 GB10 EB5 EB8

 Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link: June Challenge

 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

2 comments: