Wednesday, June 21, 2017

It Ain't Summer Til...

Today is officially the first day of summer! My card today features a couple of fun summer themed images from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 

For my post today, I made a fun summer themed side step card. I tried to add some real sand that a friend brought back from the Dominican for me but I couldn't find a way to get it to stick properly. There is a story behind that sand including getting stopped and searched at the airport but I will share that story when I successfully find a way to use it on a card <wink> 

For now... "Beach Girl Patti" - she sure looks like she is ready to dive into the water and do some snorkeling doesn't she?! 





After cutting out my side step card base I coloured and fussy cut my stamps. I added some glossy accents to Patti's goggles but it is kinda hard to see in the photo. Some matching blue cardstock was cut size and a wave border die was the perfect touch for my waves. 
I ran a black marker around the edges of these pieces too just to give them a bit more definition. I added some fish just for fun since Patti is going snorkeling I'm sure she'll see some! 
The sentiment was stamped on some matching patterned paper and voila! 

Stamps: Beach Girl PattiPalm Tree, Bubbles - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sandy Toes - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Beach Therapy Collection - Bo Bunny
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMistiGlossy Accents - Ranger, Tuxedo Black Memento marker, Wave border die - YNS, 

Spectrum Noir: FS2 FS4 TN2 TN4 BG2 BG4 CT1 CT2 GB4 CG1 DG2 DG4 CR7 CR11 DR6
Copics: E31 E34 E37 B00 BG01

 Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link: June Challenge

 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

1 comment: