Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sick Day! Twisted Easel Card Tutorial

Wow! I can't believe it's officially summer! 

My card doesn't necessarily have a summer theme but we all know someone who will or has gotten sick as soon as the beautiful weather hits. For me, my allergies usually go into over drive. 
Today I am sharing "Seymore's Sick Day" and the "Better Quickly" sentiment, both from High Hopes Rubber Stamps.

I am also including a photo tutorial for the "Twisted Easel" card base I used for this card. Grab a coffee and enjoy!


Seymore's Close Up
His teeth are coloured with a white gel pen. The thermometer has glossy accents on it and I used a red marker to make the line.


Tag Close Up


I started my colouring my stamp with alcohol markers cut out using a stitched  square die. My printer wouldn't let me print even though I had black ink, so I cut out my tags using a stitched tag and stitched rectangles die and added my Get Well Recipes in my own printing with black marker. Some twine makes them easy to pull out of the top of the card. A couple flowers and some gumdrops finish off my card. 

Twisted Easel Card Tutorial 

Start by laying your card base on your work area with the fold to your left. 
You can use whatever size base you will need for the stamp you are using. For my card I am using a base that will give me a finished card size of 5x5.


Open the card base so your fold is in the middle. 


Grab your Scor-pal or whatever you use for scoring. This part is a little tricky because you need to line up the  top left corner and the bottom right corner on the same score line. 


Once you have it lined up, score your line. It is very important to remember that you are scoring from the top left corner of the card to the bottom right corner where it meets the fold line.


Use a bone folder to crease your score line. The first time I did this I freaked out because the folded "diamond" wouldn't sit down the way it was supposed to. I quickly learned this will sit properly once you have the weight of your stamped piece on it. 
Cut the base for your stamped (or topper) image to match the size of your finished card. In this case, my base is 5x5 to match my finished card size. 


Colour and decorate your image as you choose. Once it is ready to go, finish your base (the left side where your image will sit) and then add your tape of choice to the "diamond". Mount your stamped image and voila!


I hope you will give a twisted easel card a try. I honestly was terrified to try it - I thought it sounded like something hard and time consuming......but it truly isn't. They are actually quite easy to make and it's fun to try something different! 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Seymore's Sick Day (T058), Better Quickly (J057)High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Orchard Pinstripe (Heidi Grace Designs) - Fiskars
Glossy Accents - Ranger, Flowers - Prima, White Sugar and Sparkle Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp, Bazzil cardstock, Twine - my stash
Dies: Stitched Fishtail Tags Two, Stitched Squares, Stitched Rectangles - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Noir Markers: CG1 DG2 DG4 CG2 1G1 1G2 HB1 LV1 HB2 FS2 FS3 TN2

Our challenge this month is Anything Goes. You can find the challenge here to come play along. We can't wait to see what you create!

If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment