Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shall We Dance

Terrific Tuesday time again here at One Crazy Stamper, and in keeping with this month's theme of Love, I have stamped and colored up this great image from Art Impressions.

This is one of the Bird Brains stamps called Dancing Birdie and Scratch, which I colored with Copics, fussy cut and then placed on the card front with an Action Wobble to make them dance, wiggle and jive!!! To create the card front, I randomly rubbed four different colors of distress inks (Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Walnut Stain ) across a piece of watercolor paper, then spritzed with water to make the colors blend. After drying the resulting wash with my heat gun, I then stamped the Aged Mahogany ink pad on to my splat mat, then spritzed the color with water to make the ink form into drops. I then placed the original piece of blended colors over top of the droplets of color, to create the blotchy look. To complete the look I stamped the Whimsy Stamps Into the Farm image with Versamark ink, sprinkled with brown embossing powder, and used the heat gun again. The sentiment is from my stash. This would be a great card for an anniversay or special day to celebrate Love.

2 comments:

  1. A great card Shari. Love the colours and how you did. I will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over seven years later than this post, I am borrowing your idea for my sister and husband's 50th wedding anniversary. It really inspired me!! I'm thinking of putting a blue ribbon prize medallion on the front as if they've won the dance contest! Thank you for the cute idea.

    ReplyDelete