Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Smooching Birdies

My heart melts whenever I watch the birds in our back yard in the bird feeders in the snow.  These cute little birdies are no exception – Winter Birdhouse from Stampavie.  image is available at OCS (Your complete online store.)  P1010089 copy

They are “smooching” birdies, because in my hurry to add “smooch”, I dropped a hair laden with smooch onto the top of my paper…..which led to me taking a layer of paper off to remove the color…..so then I added some TH distress ink (stormy sky) and topped it with some white StazOn.  So my birdies are enduring  “stormy” weather.

What did we ever do without “Smooch”,  Glaze On, Stickles,  - they make adding glitz and glitter to a card so easy….What did we ever do without Copic Markers??

I colored this image a while back using Xpress It white, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and for the few times I actually matched the copics to the paper (from stash) I chose.

 Copic Markers used

Bow:  R17; R14; R46; R29; R59  (Glaze On)

BP1010095 copyirds:  C4; C7'; B91; R32 Y00

Greenery:  G07; G28; YG03 (smooch)

Bird House:  C00; C1; C4; C9 (Stickles)

. . . . . . . . and here is the inside . . . . . . . . . . . . . P1010101 I used a Hero Arts Clear stamp and colored it with copics and stickles.

Thank you for taking your busy time of the year to take a peek. May all of you have a safe and blessed Christmas with your loved ones.

 

Until next week. ~ rubber hugz ~

siggyhaycock

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Madge, love the smooch effect -- will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card, Madge!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete