Wednesday, September 14, 2011

YNS Apple Pie Kid

Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year – the colors, the smells, the abundance of sweet, juicy, crisp Okanagan APPLES – mmmmmmm.  I’ve chosen a sweet little stamp set called Life is Great (aka: Apple Pie Girl) – from YNS available at One Crazy Stamper The image was stamped onto Xpress-It Blend cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers.
I chose to do a “pull tab” card, (measuring 5” x 5 1/2”) which is a fun card for such a fun little image.  The oven mitts, (and sentiment)are part of the stamp set and were stamped onto double sided paper.  To get the opposite mitt, I cut the mitts out then flipped them over. The dots, were a mistake – They are the hot glue / metal discs (I forget the name of them, but as soon as I put one down, I knew that there was no going back.
sThe Martha Stewart punched borders were sponged with Fired Brick, along with the oven mitts.  DP is from stash.  P1010025
Hope you enjoy my little “Apple Pie Girl” and will join in on the OCS Celebration challenge to win prizes galore!
siggyhaycock

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning card - love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Madge! I love how interactive it is and your colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love homey stamps like this! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! The image is so sweet! Thanks!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I've never seen a pull tab card - going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is admazing Madge! Love the colours and the how the card is interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Madge, great colors!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Very nice idea in cardmaking! Love this shape!

    ReplyDelete