Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall Forever!!!

Hi Everyone...so glad you stopped by the OCS Blog today. I am Lora the owner of OCS, you might just find me posting on the blog every now and again. Today I have made up this 2 page layout using the new Bo Bunny Forever Fall papers...oh gosh I'm in love with them. When this paper arrived in the store some went directly into the Lora stash bin. I thought it would take me forever to get around to being able to use them with the Grand Opening of the new OCS brick and mortar store coming soon...but....I found the time...somehow.

The story behind the pic's.....We have this beautiful chestnut tree in our backyard..okay it's beautiful till the leaves dump in the fall and we need to rake up 12 bags. So we came up with this "Family Tradition" when our daughter was 3 to make it a family leaf raking day. Our son Rian who is 12 years older than his sister didn't think the "Family Tradition" thing was very cool...simply put, to him it was just work! But judging by the pictures I take every year of this little event they have a great time!! This set of pic's goes back to 2008...yes I'm that far behind..even further actually but oh well.


I have used a ton of distressing on this layout along with Goosebumps & Fireworks (Desert Sand Rhubarb Stalk & Rich Cocoa). I also added Frayed Burlap Distress ink to all the edges of the distressed areas. The Goosebumps really adds some wonderful texture and sheen to the paper & I really like that. The ribbon was sprayed with Fireworks as well.


Hope you like it!! Don't forget to check out the awesome Blog Candy we are giving away this month to celebrate my new store opening...you can find it HERE!



Have a wonderful day!!!



Cheers,







4 comments:

  1. It looks like they had tons of fun! Those papers are perfect for those photos, I need to do a similar project myself. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love those pics! great seeing your family. What great layouts! super job Lora!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun layout Lora, love those fall colors. And we got to meet the family.
    ~ rubber hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great layout!! family traditions are great.

    ReplyDelete